MUSIC TEACHERS! Please register here to join our mailing list. Help us update our database so we can send you timely information about YOBC auditions, concerts, and special events that may be of interest to you and your students.
YOBC New Member Auditions
Auditions for our 2015-16 season will be held May 16-17, 2015. We are currently accepting applications for ALL instruments at ALL levels. ALL FLUTE AUDITIONS ARE HELD SATURDAY, MAY 16. We will contact applicants with scheduling information beginning in March.
Audition guidelines appear below; specific requirements are listed on the links at the left.
Our 8 large ensembles and 9 chamber groups all need musicians and all instruments are welcome. Our expanded wind programs especially need new musicians. Particularly high-need instruments include:
- String bass
- Baritone saxophone
- Euphonium/baritone horn
General Audition Guidelines
* Choose audition solos and scales that represent your current level of playing.
* Audition music should be thoroughly prepared and not music the student is still learning.
* Students should consult their private teacher for selection and preparation of audition music.
* Bring an extra copy of your music to the audition for the auditioners.
* The audition will take approximately 10 minutes. In most cases, students and parents will be advised of the results at the end of the audition.
All students must participate in their school music program as available and be currently studying with a private teacher. Use the navigation bar on the left for more specific requirements for your instrument.