MUSIC TEACHERS! Please register here to join our mailing list. Help us update our database so we can send you timely information about YOBC auditions, concerts, and special events that may be of interest to you and your students. We also refer students looking for private instructors.
YOBC New Member Auditions
YOBC is now accepting applications for our our 2016-17 25th Anniversary Season. Auditions for new students will be held May 14-15, 2016. ALL FLUTE AUDITIONS ARE HELD ON SATURDAY, MAY 14. We will begin scheduling in March and registered applicants will receive an email invitation with audition and scheduling details at that time.
Audition guidelines appear below; specific requirements are listed on the links at the left.
There are openings on all instruments in our 8 large ensembles and 9 chamber groups. Particularly high-need instruments include:
- String Bass
- French horn
General Audition Guidelines
* Choose audition solos and scales that represent your current level of playing.
* Audition music should be thoroughly prepared and not music the student is still learning.
* Students should consult their private teacher for selection and preparation of appropriate audition music.
* Bring an extra copy of your music to the audition for the auditioners.
* The audition will take approximately 10 minutes. In most cases, students and parents will be advised of the results at the end of the audition.
All students must participate in their school instrumental music program as available and be currently studying with a private teacher. Use the navigation bar on the left for more specific requirements for your instrument.