STRING AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
- Entry level string players must be currently studying with a private teacher and have completed one year of private study.
- All other string applicants must be currently studying with a private teacher and have completed a minimum of two years of private study
- Choose a solo and prepare for your audition with your private teacher. Preparation and musical artistry are important.
- 2 scales at any tempo representing current level of playing
Two contrasting solo works or etudes from student’s current or recently completed study. (Bring an extra copy of the music for the audition committee.)
- Sight reading may be requested.
Placement in an ensemble is at the sole discretion of YOBC auditioners. Students do not audition for a specific ensemble. Guidelines for placement for our different ensembles are located under About YOBC/YOBC Curriculum.