International Concert Tour
Italy - Summer 2014
Log in to complete tour application
Fly into Venice and return from Rome
Tour Company: Festival Orchestre Giovanili
-Visit three of the most important cultural centers: a full day in Venice, a full day in Florence, and two days in Rome.
-Visits to Pisa and Siena, in addition to other smaller towns to be determined after our site inspection this summer.
-Guided tours of the main cities are included as well as entrances to the Ufizzi Gallery in Florence, and the Vatican Museum.
Concerts and Musical Activities
-Four concerts at music festivals including Padua, Florence, Montecatini Terme, and either Perugia or Spoleto.
-One master class, place TBD
-Two meals a day – usually breakfast and dinner
-Package does not include drinks with meals
-Two tour buses, and 1 van for the instruments.
-Bilingual tour manager with each bus
-Double occ. For adults; triples/quads for students
-Educational, Cultural, Musical and Recreational Activities
-Trip insurance is not included in the package
Tour Package Preliminary Estimate
- YOBC Student Musicians: $3,000-$3,500
- Adults and non-musicians: $3,500-$4,000
Tour Eligibility & Participation
- Student Musicians eligible for touring ensembles include:Parents and family members welcome
- Advanced Division students (as of Fall 2013)
- YOBC Alumni
- Select Intermediate Division students as space/needs develop (will decide by September 2013)
- Younger siblings on the tour, who can handle music, may perform as needed and approved by Mr. Loughran
- Preference for space will go to students (over parents/siblings), and additional preference will go to ensure instrumental balance, and to early registrants.
Parent Tour Participation
- All adults participating on the tour must serve as volunteer chaperones for part of the trip
- We will take applications for 6 adults willing to function as lead chaperones, including coverage of overnight security. Tour discounts will be available for these positions.
Join the Tour
- Submit online tour application along with $100 deposit to register for the tour.
- Sign-up for the tour may occur any time prior to September 25, 2013.
- Withdrawal from the tour without penalty must be made before September 25, 2013
- Participants joining the tour must adhere to the payment schedule below.
Paying for the Tour
- $100 initial tour deposit
- Payment Schedule
– First Installment: April 15, 2013 ($1,000/pp, refundable)
– Second Installment: July 15, 2013 ($1,000/pp, refundable;
– September 25, 2011 (final selection of intermediate-division participants; financial catch-up as needed); last day for tour refunds and for new participants (including wait list) to commit
– Third Installment: October 15, 2013 ($1,000/pp, non-refundable)
– Fourth Installment: March 15 2014 (final installment $500 student musicians, $1,000 adults an and non-musicians +/- adjustments)
Payments: Payments should be made by check payable to ‘YOBC.’ Please notate on the check what the payment is for. Please mail all tour payments to our Tour Treasurer:
Being on time with your payments is very much appreciated. Please let the Treasurer know if you are going to be late with a payment. Questions regarding your tour payment may be sent to Sue at:
Fundraising: YOBC will be providing fundraising opportunities for students to help pay for their trip. Students/parents will have the opportunity to sign up for fundraisers and earn credit towards their trip.
Financial Aid: Some student financial aid is available. Aid will be decided on a need basis of need on the part of both the student and YOBC touring ensemble. Applications available on the website.
Tour Planning Committee
You can help us make this a great tour by joining the Tour Planning Committee. The committee is comprised of parents, the tour directors (Monica and Gerardo Konig), and YOBC staff. The committee will meet regularly during YOBC rehearsals to give input and plan the tour in areas including policies, procedures, security and safety, tour publicity, social events, financial recordkeeping and producing a tour handbook. The first Tour Committee meeting will be held on Sunday, March 3rd, 2:30 – 3:30 pm.
Artistic Leadership: YOBC Music Director, Mr. Robert Loughran and Assistant Music Director, Mr. Steve Sweetsir will handle artistic all artistic matters (including musician and music selection)
All tour information will be posted on the YOBC website. Communication with tour personnel will be by email. We will use the primary contact email and the student participant email that provide on the tour application form. Please make sure that the primary contact email you provide us with is one that you check frequently.
Passports: All tour participants must have a U.S. passport which is valid through 6 months after the end of the tour. Passport application and renewal can take time. Start now to make sure you have a valid passport for the tour.