2016-17 Master Class Series
Facilitated by YOBC's Artist-in-Residence, Philadelphia Concertmaster David Kim, YOBC will offer the following master classes this season:
November 6, 2016: Hai-Ye Ni Cello Master Class
REGISTRATION OPEN February 5, 2017: Jennifer Montone French Horn Master Class: for ALL YOBC French horn players
GUESTS OF YOBC: The French Horn Master class with Jennifer Montonei is open to non-YOBC members/guests. There is no charge, but registration is required. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Cello students (all levels) interested in attending, please complete the REGISTRATION FORM.
Watch for these upcoming Master Classes!
February 25, 2017: David Kim Violin Master Class: for ALL YOBC Violinists
Details Application to Perform (SO, PHIL, RIP, and CON)
Requirements for Performance in the Master Class (YOBC members only)
- Eligible YOBC students must submit an online application by the deadline date. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Final selection of students who will perform at the master class is at the sole discretion of the Music Director. All decisions are final.
- You must select a solo work to be performed that is 3 to 5 minutes in length. The work may be a complete solo, a movement or portion of a solo.
- You must seek guidance in selecting an appropriate solo from your private music teacher.
- You must carefully and thoroughly prepare your music with the guidance of your private music teacher.
- Good preparation will also involve listening to recordings of your solo so you understand how the solo line fits with the accompaniment.
- Failure to properly prepare your music will result in disqualification from performance at the master class.
- YOBC will provide a piano accompanist for your performance at the master class and for one rehearsal in advance of the master class. You are required to attend the rehearsal with the accompanist.
- You must purchase and submit the piano accompaniment for your solo by the required due date to allow the accompanist adequate time to prepare the music. A separate copy of the solo part must be submitted with the piano accompaniment. If you will not be performing the complete solo, please indicate the portion of the solo to be performed on both the solo and piano accompaniment parts.
- Failure to submit piano accompaniment to YOBC by the deadline will result in disqualification from performance at the master class.